Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Richmond Art Museum

Today I have went to the Art museum in Richmond for my Art Class, there I saw a lot of different types of arts. There was this one painting I thought that connected to my English class. There was a sculpture of a woman but not just a woman it was a woman who had a sincere face, beads around her body but as you go lower at the hip area there is a box instead of a hip and inside is a woman’s pelvis bone. And below that was a drawer and inside that drawer was a bead heart. I thought it symbolized a womanhood, possibly a mother, giving birth, and loving the child. After read the The Heart Defended I could see the connection a lot, a child needs their mother and motherhood is to love their children no matter what. I was drawn to the sculpture by it’s realistic look of a woman, she had real hair from the artist, her skin looked as if they were real, she had a slight tint of possible smile on her face. I strongly felt that this sculpture was to have an emphasis on motherhood and I guess the role as a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment