Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 1

So far in english class we have argued over the 3 topics that we would like to work on our argumentative paper. So far we have been thinking about what we want to write about for our research papers. However we chosen several of them because they were easy or something we would like to do.

In my opinion, some are just our opinions and do not have that much resource to support our opinions. Well that is the meaning of the research paper but (this can possibly from where I grew up) fact was the number one that you need in a research paper.Some, for example; Education, Gender, Crime and Punishment are simple subjects that have numerous studies with different opinion. Although when it comes to Religion, although it is a touchy subject; i think that it will be hard for argumentative. But this does not mean that I would not like to write a paper about religion, I would but I end up thinking "what kind of studies are out there that can possibly support my study". Personally I think when we talk again on Monday to choose our other 2 subjects; I think instead of not doing it because you just don't want to cannot be a reason. I personally believe that some of the subject is good to learn and research them but again I see some to be hard to find supportive facts or evidence. (Again this is just my experience from high school with just only writing research paper.)

Rant time:
I personally don't want to write a research paper on environment, during my high school years for four years I personally got fed up doing a lot of research on environment. Although I do have a subject that I would like to research on. Also, the subject family; after listening about the subject family while we were discussing made me lose interest of the subject. One, it just started to fade away in my head, I think the reason is because it is just broad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment